National Blog Posting Month – March 2014 – Self
Prompt – Tell us five interesting things about yourself.
Ooh. Five interesting things about me.
I like to think I’m interesting.
If you’ve been a regular reader on this blog, then you’ll probably know these things already. If this is your first visit, then maybe you’ll find my interesting enough to continue to follow this blog, ‘cause I write about all these things.
1) I’m a paleontologist. I study mostly fossil mammals. Specifically, I study the chemistry of fossil mammal teeth to learn about ancient environments.
2) I’m studying the Western Martial Arts (WMA) also known as the Historical European Martial Arts (HEMA). What that means is that I’m studying swordplay. Whatever weapon I can get my hands on, really, but am currently focused on the small sword, with a smattering of longsword whenever I get a chance.
3) I’m working on a novel – a work of fiction. One day I’ll get it done. I hope one day I’m satisfied with it. It’s set in medieval Europe. And there are swords. I’ve also done a little science fiction and have a serial novel I’m writing on this blog. I should probably prepare another installment.
4) I love costuming, especially making period clothes. I have been known to, on occasion, make something that I can use on a daily basis as well.
5) My husband and I recently took up home brewing. I’m a bit of a beer snob, so it’s fun to work on my own brews at home. We’re going to try to make a mead here pretty soon.
I hope you find my quirks interesting. How about you? What aspect of your life is interesting and perhaps unexpected?