Concluding Breweekend

I’m done, and I’m spent. I committed myself to catching up on brewing tasks this weekend, and I did.

Yesterday, I filled and capped 45 bottles of my Yam-tastic Oil Change Porter. I had a sip of the uncarbonated beer and I can’t wait to have it when it’s finished!

Yam-tastic Oil Change Porter. In 2-3 weeks, totally drinkable.
Yam-tastic Oil Change Porter. In 2-3 weeks, totally drinkable.

Today, I started Simon’s Misery Yam Ale.

Chicky-masher helped prepare the yams.
Chicky-masher helped prepare the yams.
Crushing the specialty grains.
Crushing the specialty grains.

I went ahead and started the one-gallon Irish red ale as well, to see how much easier it might be to work with 1/5 the volume. Let’s say it was a joy. I see a gallon brew a week in my future. (I have four more one-gallon carboys, so I can do that!)

Irish red ale. Ferment! Ferment like the wind!
Irish red ale. Ferment! Ferment like the wind!

The back-log is still full of items. I checked through my inventory this morning and realized I still needed a couple of ingredients for my Hennepin clone. I also have not yet recieved my heather bock kit and other gruit ingredients. That will be next weekend’s brew, I suspect.

All told, it was a successful, albeit exhausting, weekend in the brew-kitchen.

Next weekend, it might be more of the same. We’ll see!

Published by paleololigo

Scientist (Paleontology, Geochemistry, Geology); Writer (Speculative and Science Fiction, plus technical and non-technical Science); Mom to great boy on the Autism spectrum; possessor of too many hobbies.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: