It was time.
The porter is all bottled. The carboys were cleaned.
It was time to brew a new batch of beer.
So, on Saturday, I started a honey wheat beer.
All things considered, this is a very easy brew (made from an extract kit, of course). You basically just add all the ingredients and boil.
Unlike the past two batches, I didn’t have the advantage of snow to cool my wort. The bathtub did the job just fine.
No burns. No massive spills. The biggest mess was the result of the sanitizing solution getting splashed about. Now the honey weizen is sitting in the warm place, bubbling away next to the mead (which is still months from drinking).
The next day, fermentation was going crazy. I couldn’t help it. I took a video.
Yup. Pretty exciting. But in a month or so, we’re gonna be drinking something yummy!