Last Friday, I had the pleasure of flying first class for the first time ever. Here’s what I learned:
When you fly First Class you get:
- Your own bathroom
- A table cloth
- A hot towel with which to refresh yourself
- Free lunch
- Drinks while the rest of the plane boards
- Leg room
- Early boarding
- No danger of the person in front of you closing your laptop by leaning their seat back
- Did I mention no line at the bathroom?
- Lunch is important
- Real glass glasses – no clear Solo cups
- An arm rest, even if the person next to you hogs his or hers
- Coffee with cream already stirred in
- A cup holder that’s not on the tray table, so you can fold the tray table up and not dump your drink.
What you don’t get in First Class:
- Freedom from crying children (although they are further away)
- Self-flushing toilets
- A hot shower
- Towel animals (I need to go on another cruise)
- Free Internet
- Faster flights
- Finer upholstery (unless you count the table cloth)
- Fresh, untattered magazines.
So this is what I’ve learned about traveling in the first class cabin on a plane. I hope you found this post interesting and informative. Please let me know if I’ve left off anything important.