I have now had the pleasure of enduring my first-ever official blizzard. The weather was completely miserable. It wasn’t the snow, it was the wind that made it so uncomfortable.
I decided to take it upon myself to take photos of the same subject at regular intervals in order to capture the depth of snow. The snow didn’t get terribly deep, but the drifts got huge.
I had expected this wagon to get buried over the course of the day, but it wasn’t
But the driveway was rendered impenetrable by snow drifts.
And a large snow drift made it really hard to get off the porch.
And now it’s gone and all that’s left is to dig out and carry on with life as usual.
One thing I did was measure the snow depth and collect snow samples at regular intervals to see if there was any evolution of isotopes as the storm progressed. The final snow total was 9.75 inches, but it’s a little hard to know if that was accurate because of all the drifting. I’ll let you know in a few days how the isotopic analyses panned out. Stay tuned.