Today’s prompt for the Kickin’ it Old Skool Blog-a-Thon is to list ten things that we know. Ten things that we have absolutely no doubt about.
Because it’s the end of the semester, I can put one item on my list immediately.
I have very little sympathy for students who can’t be bothered to come to class.
Though I admit I have a soft spot for students with special needs. Sigh. I’ll be glad when grades are submitted.
Anyway, let’s come up with a list of things that I am certain of.
1) I love my son very, very much, even when he drives me to madness. I’d be devastated if something happened to him.
2) I love my husband, too, and I know he loves me, even when we want to throttle each other.
3) I know that science is the very best way to understand our world.
4) I know that if a thorough education, with greater emphasis on math and science, were available to everyone, many of our world’s problems would be solved.
5) I know that I am imperfect and will always be so, but that I must always work to improve myself.
6) I know that my life could end tomorrow, so I can’t put off doing the things I enjoy on the assumption that I will have them in my retirement years.
7) I know also that just because my life could end tomorrow, that doesn’t mean that it will, so I have to plan for a prosperous future as well.
…geez, this is all philosophical. Heavy…
8) I know that for as much as I know, I don’t know nearly as much as I want to. Yet, for whatever reason, I don’t read all that much. Not as much as I want to.
9) I know that I love expressing myself through art and writing, even though I might not be all that good at it. I wish I had more time to do it. I’m working on making it more financially feasible to pursue my hobbies more completely.
10) I know I have a career that thousands of people wish they could have. It took a lot of work to get here, and I don’t give myself much credit for that. I love my career, and don’t want to give it up. But there are days when I really just want to work on my novel…